Welcome To OML @ IIT Roorkee!
- Dr. K. R. Justin Thomas became Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), London.
- Congratulations Diksha Saklani for securing All India First Rank in GATE 2018.
- V. Joseph submitted his Ph.D thesis.
- Sunil Kumar Submitted his Ph.D thesis.
- Dr. K. R. Justin Thomas received Bronze Medal from Chemical Research Society of India.
- Organic electronics and optoelectronics, including LEDs, Solar Cells
- Electroactive and photoactive materials for imaging, electrochromic devices, batteries and sensors
- Dendrimers and polymers, synthesis and photonic applications
- Organic energetic materials, synthesis of nitrogen-rich heterocyclic compounds
- To elucidate the structural impact on the electronic and photonic properties of organic materials.
- To develop methodologies to improve/control the photophysical, charge transport, photoelectric and magnetic properties of organic materials.
- To synthesize triplet-harvesting organic emitters incorporating multiple photophysical channels.
- Density functional theoretical design and lab scale synthesis of organic materials.
- Physicochemical (spectral, electrochemical, thermal) and photophysical (absorption & emission) measurements.
- Structure-property correlations.
- Functional evaluation by device (LED, Solar Cell) fabrication.
Paper in AJOC
T-Shaped Benzimidazole Derivatives as Blue-Emitting Materials: Role of C2 Substituents on Photophysical Properties
K. R. J. Thomas and G. B. Bodedla
Asian J. Org. Chem., 2018, in press.
Paper in Dyes & Pigments
Simple carbazole based deep-blue emitters: the effect of spacer, linkage and end-capping cyano group on the photophysical and electroluminescent properties
V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas, S. Sahoo, M. Singh and J.-H. Jou
Dyes and Pigments, 2018, in press.
Paper in EJOC
Manipulation of donor-acceptor interactions in carbazole-based emitters by chromophore choice to achieve near-UV emission
V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas, M. Singh, S. Sahoo and J.-H. Jou
Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2017, 6660-6670.
Paper in J. Org. Chem.
Fine-Tuning of Photophysical and Electroluminescence Properties of Benzothiadiazole-Based Emitters by Methyl Substitution
A. Pathak, K. R. J. Thomas, M. Singh, J.-H. Jou
J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 11512-11523.
Paper in Chem. Comm.
New molecular design based on hybridized local and charge transfer fluorescence for highly efficient (> 6%) deep-blue organic light emitting diodes
R. K. Konidena, K. R. J. Thomas, D. Dubey, S. Sahoo and J.-H. Jou
Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 11802-11805.
Paper in Chem. Asian J.
Photophysics, electrochemistry, morphology and bioimaging applications of new 1,8-naphthalimide derivatives containing different chromophores
A. Saini, K. R. J. Thomas, A. Sachdev and P. Gopinath
Chem. Asian J., 2017, 12, 2612-2622.
- Highly efficient deep-blue organic light emitting diode with a carbazole based fluorescent emitter
- S. Sahoo, D. K. Dubey, M. Singh, V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas and J.-H. Jou, Jpn. J. Appl. Phys., 2018, 57, 04FL08.
- Manipulation of donor-acceptor interactions in carbazole-based emitters by chromophore choice to achieve near-UV emission
- V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas, M. Singh, S. Sahoo, J.-H. Jou, Eur. J. Org. Chem., 2017, 6660-6670.
- Fine-Tuning of Photophysical and Electroluminescence Properties of Benzothiadiazole-Based Emitters by Methyl Substitution,
- A. Pathak, K. R. J. Thomas, M. Singh, J.-H. Jou, J. Org. Chem., 2017, 82, 11512-11523.
- New Molecular Design Based on Hybridized Local and Charge Transfer Fluorescence for Highly Efficient (> 6%) Deep-Blue Organic Light Emitting Diodes
- R. K. Konidena, K. R. J. Thomas, D. K. Dubey, S. Sahoo, J.-H. Jou, Chem. Commun., 2017, 53, 11802-11805.
Ph.D studentship available for CSIR/UGC/INSPIRE fellowship holders. Check the rolling advertisement here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for fresh Ph.Ds committed to work for minimum two years. Check here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for women candidates for upto five years. Check here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for SC/ST candidates.
Tip: The fellowships shown above are funded by IIT-Roorkee, UGC, DST-SERB, etc. Some fellowships require a research proposal and authorization letter from host institute. If you need any assistance to apply for these fellowships contact me with confidence.