Welcome To OML @ IIT Roorkee!
- Anupam Das, Sunil Kumar and Kamal Verma joined the group as Ph.D. students. Welcome
- V. Joseph successfully defended his Ph.D thesis (19-07-2018). Congratulations
- Sunil Kumar successfully defended his Ph.D thesis (10-07-2018). Congratulations
- Ankita Saini successfully defended her Ph.D thesis (06-07-2018). Congratulations
- Congratulations Ankita Saini, for new assignment as Assistant Professor in Maharishi Markandeshwar University, Ambala.
- Congratulations Diksha Saklani, for securing All India First Rank in Joint CSIR/UGC test held on December 2017.
- Dr. K. R. Justin Thomas became Fellow of Royal Society of Chemistry (FRSC), London.
- Congratulations Diksha Saklani, for securing All India First Rank in GATE 2018.
- Dr. K. R. Justin Thomas received Bronze Medal (2018) from Chemical Research Society of India.
- Organic electronics and optoelectronics, including LEDs, Solar Cells
- Electroactive and photoactive materials for imaging, electrochromic devices, batteries and sensors
- Dendrimers and polymers, synthesis and photonic applications
- Organic energetic materials, synthesis of nitrogen-rich heterocyclic compounds
- To elucidate the structural impact on the electronic and photonic properties of organic materials.
- To develop methodologies to improve/control the photophysical, charge transport, photoelectric and magnetic properties of organic materials.
- To synthesize triplet-harvesting organic emitters incorporating multiple photophysical channels.
- Density functional theoretical design and lab scale synthesis of organic materials.
- Physicochemical (spectral, electrochemical, thermal) and photophysical (absorption & emission) measurements.
- Structure-property correlations.
- Functional evaluation by device (LED, Solar Cell) fabrication.
- Polarity tuning of fluorene derivatives by chromophores to achieve efficient blue electroluminescent materials
- K. R. J. Thomas, A. Venkateswararao, V. Joseph, S. Kumar, J.-H. Jou,Org. Electron., 2019, 64, 266-273.
- Effect of electron rich π-linkers on the functional properties of dyes featuring dithieno[3,2-b:2',3'-d]pyrrole donor
- S. Kumar, K. R. J. Thomas, C.-T. Li, M.-S. Fan, K.-C. Ho, Dyes Pigm., 2019, 160, 614-623.
- Design-to-Device Approach Affords Panchromatic Co-Sensitized Solar Cells
- C. B. Cooper, E. J. Beard, Alvaro Vazquez-Mayagoitia, L. Stan, G. B. G. Stenning, D. W. Nye, J. A. Vigil, T. Tomar, J. Jia, G. B. Bodedla, S. Chen, L. Gallego, S. Franco, A. Carella, K. R. J. Thomas, S.Xue, X. Zhu, J. M. Cole, Adv. Energy Mater., 2018, 42, 1802820.
- Enabling a 6.5% external quantum efficiency deep-blue organic light-emitting diode with a solution-processable carbazole based emitter
- J.-H. Jou, J.-L. Li, S. Sahoo, D. K. Dubey, R. A. K. Yadav, V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas, C.-W. Wang, J. Jayakumar, C.-H. Cheng, J. Phys. Chem. C, 2018, 42, 24295-24303.
- Vinyl-Linked Cyanocarbazole-Based Emitters: Effect of Conjugation and Terminal Chromophores on the Photophysical and Electroluminescent Properties
- V. Joseph, K. R. J. Thomas, J.-L. Li, S. Sahoo, M. Singh, J.-H. Jou, ACS Omega, 2018, 3, 16477-16488.
- Tuning the Photophysical and Electroluminescence Properties in Asymmetrically Tetrasubstituted Bipolar Carbazoles by Functional Group Disposition
- R. K. Konidena, K. R. J. Thomas, A. Pathak, D. K. Dubey, S. Sahoo, and J.-H. Jou, ACS Appl. Mater. Interfaces, 2018, 10, 24013-24027.
Ph.D studentship available for CSIR/UGC/INSPIRE fellowship holders. Check the rolling advertisement here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for fresh Ph.Ds committed to work for minimum two years. Check here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for women candidates for upto five years. Check here!
Post-doctoral fellowship available for SC/ST candidates.
Tip: The fellowships shown above are funded by IIT-Roorkee, UGC, DST-SERB, etc. Some fellowships require a research proposal and authorization letter from host institute. If you need any assistance to apply for these fellowships contact me with confidence.